Pocono Ranch Lands Rules and Regulations #13
USE OF MOTORIZED RECREATIONAL VEHICLES:
- All ATV’s, Go Carts, Dirt Bikes/Mopeds, Golf Carts, snowmobiles and scooters must have a current title, registration, proof of insurance and Pocono Ranch Lands license plate displayed.
- Pennsylvania Vehicle code chapter 77, subchapter C; prohibits the operation of ATV’sby persons under 10 years of age. No one under 10 years of age can operate Go Carts, Dirt Bikes/Mopeds, Golf Carts, Snowmobiles or Scooters. Additionally, for those persons between the ages of 10 and 16, the operator must have taken the prescribed safety-training course and be in possession of a valid safety course certificate approved by Public Safety that is mandated by federal law, which the operator must produce upon request.
- Operation of any vehicle upon the lands of another person without permission is prohibited. All individual lots in Ranch Lands are “lands of another person”.
- Hours of operation are 10:00 AM UNTIL 10:00 PM.
- All vehicles will abide by all posted speed limits and rules pertaining to motor vehicles.
- Vehicles may be used after dusk as long as the vehicles are fully equipped for night driving, which includes working headlights, taillights and brake lights.
- All recreational vehicles will be equipped with properly operating mufflers.
- Anyone operating an ATV, Go Cart, Dirt Bike/Moped, Motorcycle, Snowmobile or Scooter must have a securely fastened helmet on the driver and passenger. Street legal motorcycles must comply with Pennsylvania State Law.
- Any of the above vehicles that are not equipped or designed by the manufacturer to ride two people are prohibited to do so. This is to include personal or manufacturer non-authorized modifications for multiple rider ship.
- An operator of a motorized recreational vehicle, who receives three (3) citations for moving violations within an eighteen (18) month period, shall be suspended from operating any motorized recreational vehicle of any type for a period of one (1) year.
- If an operator who is suspended under this Paragraph operates a motorized recreational vehicle of any type during the 12 month period of suspension, said operator shall be forever banned from operating a motorized recreational vehicle of any type within Pocono Ranch Lands. (added March 2007)
- All ATV’s, go-carts, dirt bikes/mopeds, golf carts, snowmobiles and scooters are to be used for driving from point ‘A’ to point ‘B’. They are not intended to be used for going back and forth, up and down continuously, causing a public inconvenience or a nuisance throughout the community. (added August 2015)